Monday, February 13, 2006

could this day get any worse?


and to think i was almost excited to go to work.

i got to work early cos i know i have lotsa things i need to get done. deadlines are looming and i promised myself i would finish everything by today so that if i have any problem with my submissions tomorrow, i'd still have time to rectify it WITHOUT having to cram like a confused pig just like what happened about two weeks ago.

so there i was, almost prancing down the street, then when i got to the building... BAM! steel door's still locked. steel door which i DO NOT have a key of. so i asked the guys from the other unit and this is what they said, "walang pasok ngayon, hija. hindi mo ba alam? declared holiday kaya wala pa yung mga tao sa second floor. PARANAQUE DAY." me: "huh?! taga-Quezon City po ako eh." *katoinks self*

that was when my mouth just dropped to the floor, my almost-im-happy-to-be-at-work attitude went down the drain. just like that. good thing the katiwala came a few minutes later and went to the building owner's place to get the keys.

so i went in, hoping things'll get better. man, was i wrong. the fax i was expecting, haven't received it yet. oh, yeah. this is STILL regarding the whole reservation thing. so i called cebu, AGAIN, to check and the secretary said that she was about to send me her reply. this was about 10 AM. not knowing what else to ask, i said thank you and hung up.
i went to do my stuff, which took me almost the whole day, thankyouverymuch. and then about 1 PM, phone rings and guess what... it's the reply from CEBU which she said she was just "about to send" mmkay. 3 hours. to tired to argue, clicked on the receive button, and read it. to think i swore to myself id get this reservation thing done by today. well, that obviously DID NOT happen.

i think the organizer just gave up on me and told me to coordinate directly with the hotel, instead. to think that they did not allow this before. participants have to book their rooms with the association to get the discounted price. and the wretch wins again! so, hoping to get to talk with the contact person written on the fax message i called CEBU, again, and as always, failed to talk with the person i need to. room reservation was quite accomodating though. seeing as they took note of my concerns and "promised" to forward it to the person i was looking for. they said they'd just get back to as soon as my reservation's confirmed. when's that? didja really hafta ask that?!

anyway, i figured since i'm not gonna get the reservation anytime soon, i'll go and pay for the convention registration first. i looked at my watch and saw it's almost three, so i rushed to get my things and out the office i go. the bank is a good 4 blocks from the office and i figured, if i walked as fast as i could, i could get to the bank on time. i was actually hoping id see a tricycle as soon as i get out since that would bring me there faster but alas, no tricycle in sight. waiting for one isn't an option seeing i barely have time.

there i was, almost running but trying really hard not to (cos if i did, id look really really really stupid). then one block before the bank it hit me. NO OFFICE. HOLIDAY. NO BANK. argh. i ALMOST hit myself after i realized that. GAH. so yeah. not ms. lucky today, am i?
so here i am now, ranting my guts out cos if i don't, i'll end up ripping the face off anybody that'd cross my path. morbid, you think? it's possible. believe me.


*******
so yeah.
that thing up there's kinda long.
bite me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
_abbie_ _april_ _chris_ _mau_ _arj_